Monday, March 10, 2014

Off Roading


Today was a special day for me.

Today - on the way home from work - the WHOLE ride home - Meron kept bugging to ride bikes. And I kinda played it off like the answer was gonna be "no."

Little did she know I had already chatted with Laura earlier and was planning on taking her on her first off-raod mountain bike ride with me.

She. Was. PUMPED.


This was kind of emotional for me - I ain't gonna lie.

See - when Brighton died I selfishly thought so many of my hopes and dreams were slipping out of my grasp. I counted off the things I'd never get to do as a dad...

And mountain biking with my kid was one of them.

But today... well... THIS.


She even rocked my CamelBak and was super proud of it...


So there were plenty of water stops and breaks...

And man did she do AWESOME! We went about a total of 3.5 miles and even though she was SUPER tired on the way back - she showed so much determination and grit.

I was so stinking proud of her.


She had me ride behind her the whole time - it made her feel safer she said.

I am glad she did too - because God was clear with me when He tapped me on my shoulder and drew my attention to the little tiny and yet GIGANTIC gift He had given me out in front of me pedaling her little head off.

It was as if He was saying "See? I had your back all along Tymm..."

And I couldn't stop the tears.

I even managed to get a little video of it (check it out below).

This is a day i'll cherish for the rest of my life. For so many reasons...



God's dreams and hopes are so much bigger than ours and His will for our lives is so much better than anything we could ever think up ourselves.

Thank you God for that reminder tonight...

1 comment:

Tracy said...

When she said, "Bye Daddy, I love you!" Well, that was so awesome!!!