Tuesday, June 24, 2014

More Like Them


Man - one of the BIGGEST fears and anxieties of mine when leaving Atlanta for this new adventure was the girls. Their friends. Their happiness. Their joy.

They had so much of all of that and I didn't wanna mess it up. I wrestled with this man... in a big way.

Ha. Tymm of little faith. That's me. These girls are spectacular - but even more than that - God has been so faithful!

That's Olivia up there. She lives right across the circle from us and she is one of the nicest, kindest, most polite little girls I've ever met. And our girls are LOVING hanging out with her.

And this daddy right here is loving seeing that spark in their eyes, that joy in their voice... that innocence of children as they become fast friends.


Watching them ride bikes and race across the cul-de-sac has been awesome - and it's as if I heard God whisper: "See Tymm... I told you to trust me. They did!"

He knows when I worry and when I don't. That whole omniscient thing.... He wins.

Ya know... Matthew 18:3 tells us:

"Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."
And watching these kids... I get it. They don't see race. They don't see gender. They don't see age.

They just see another human being and they wanna hang out.

Faith like a child? Sure... but I say take it another step. I say:
LIFE LIKE A CHILD.
I think it gives us a better chance to know Him on a much deeper level.


God... thanks for Olivia. Thanks for a little girl willing to come talk to me and my family and make us feel at peace.

And Olivia - thanks for being willing!

No comments: