Sunday, August 3, 2014

Our Strong Leader Girl


I needed this picture today.

See - Meron is our ferocious, fun, silly and crazy leader - a "never let 'em see you sweat" kind of girl who - in her mind - can do ANYTHING (and probably can).

The down side of that attitude is that she internalizes a lot of things that are better off walked out together with her family.

Like earlier today - I walked up on her standing in the hallway feverishly brushing tears from her eyes. This girl RARELY cries. And then I saw it...

I had moved clay's big fluffy bed we had bought him when he got real sick over there so it was outta sight. And now - here she stood - staring at it and crying her eyes out.

UGH.

I finally got her to open up and she lay in my lap just letting it out - big tears, shaking body, crying for her buddy.

As sad as it sounds... it was good. Both for her and for me.

And then she goes and photo bombs a shot like this... and I think it was God's way of letting me know - she's gonna be perfectly fine.

No comments: