Wednesday, March 9, 2016

But... Why Would He Do That, Daddy?


Tonight - I was in the bathroom keeping Meron company while she was in the tub... and I just instinctively started washing her feet.

Not from a place of holy, Christ-like washing, but more from a "if i don't do this it might not get done" kinda place...

While I was bathing her, she said:

"Daddy - do you remember when we were in Ethiopia and Sammy washed my feet for me?"
I told her that I did remember that and then she said:
"But... why would he do that, daddy?"
Great question, I thought. Even this wild little 8 year old recognizes that serving others in that capacity doesn't come naturally to us.

"Because he had a servant's heart right then, Meron" is what I told her.


She contemplated that for a minute and then said:
"He was being just like Jesus.

Jesus did that to his good friends... remember?"
I did remember...

John 13: 3-5 tells us:

"Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him."

Meron looked like she was in some deep thought - and then she broke out, smiled and said:
"Jesus was really nice. And He loved His friends a lot..."
Yep - ya kinda nailed it on the head right there Meron...


This was random and unexpected tonight... but I love that she lets her mind go to those places!

Bury His actions in your heart Meron... and never stop thinking about Him!

No comments: