Wednesday, May 18, 2016

My People


Forgive the sketchy phone picture... but I love this photo of my little people.

MY FAMILY.

I am forever grateful for the adoption process because God used it to really reveal to me how He sees His people.

It's not a bloodline or a lineage thing.

It's a love thing.

THAT'S FAMILY.

God adopts us in and loves the heck outta us.

WE'RE HIS FAMILY.

Last weekend I went cross country to see my nephew graduate high school. I love that dude. Not because blood tells me to - because he's lovable!

HE'S MY FAMILY.

While there - i got to see my sisters and their families - my nieces and nephews...

MORE FAMILY.

At the same time - Granny had flown cross country to see the goofballs and Laura - and they all went bowling...

EVEN MORE FAMILY LOVING ON FAMILY.

Yes... I am super thankful for what adoption has taught me.

I don't love my kids - my family - because of some silly blood connection.

I love them because of who they are in Him - the godly image they try to live every day - the way they talk to others, the way they love others, the way the behave and act towards others... that fruit that I see? That's so easy to love...

No... I don't love them because I have to. I love them because I want to.

AND THAT IS WHAT FAMILY IS TO US.

No comments: