Saturday, June 25, 2016

Being There Matters


I was a little late getting to Z-Dogg's T-ball game this morning...

And by the time I got there - he was in the field - somewhere in the vicinity of third base!

And I'll tell ya - you'll never ever be able to convince me that our simple presence doesn't matter to our kids...

Z was trying to stay focused on the game...


But he kept taking quick looks around.

When we caught eyes - I gave him a thumbs up and a quick wave.


He went straight professional on me and tried to be all stoic but a tiny little smile was trying to climb outta his lips...

And eventually - he couldn't contain it any more and he flashed me his signature smile!


And I gave him the same look back!

I don't make it to every single game - with as much as these three do - i can't see how I ever could.

But man - i try to be there as much as I can.

Cuz it matters. It really, really matters...

No comments: