Thursday, July 7, 2016

Here For Them...


One day - she'll jump in a swimming pool without me there to put a watchful daddy-eye on everything.

I pray on that day she'll lean on what she learned and swim successfully...


One day this girl will cross a busy road without me there to be her crossing guard.

I pray that she'll look both ways and remember everything we stressed time and time again...


One day - this dude might get pulled over for going 50 in a 45 zone.

I might not be there to tell him to sit still, keep his hands in sight, do as he is asked, don't make any sudden movements...

I pray he remembers all the things we talk about - and that he survives.

But for now - I AM here for them.

And I will protect them. I don't want them to grow up in a bubble-wrapped cocoon of daddy safety - yet I struggle with letting their innocence get stolen away from them too early with hard, real and disturbing talks...

So I pray.

A LOT.

Jesus... change the world. Heal it.

I believe He can.


DISCLAIMER:
1) You are totally free to disagree with me on these kind of points. If you're in my shoes and disagree - I'd love to hear your take on things. If you're NOT in my shoes - your opinion is probably not very relevant to what I'm saying...

2) This blog doesn't mean I don't like cops. Not at all. I know a number of amazing, selfless, heroic police officers who I have the utmost respect for. It's a selfless, scary job and they do it day in and day out. Thankful for them...


No comments: