Sunday, August 21, 2016

Good Times in a Good 'Hood


Despite what ya might think if you only perused our neighborhood Facebook group - we live in a pretty dope 'hood full of pretty dope people!

Yesterday - steps away from our side yard - our neighborhood put on an all day pig roast and festival complete with face painting, tons of food, cotton candy, jumpy houses, a band and more!

The kids were so pumped to go!


Z-Dogg got a baseball painted on his face...


And Mebski Love - who loves her savior a LOT - leaned in to me and said:

"Daddy - I am gonna have them paint 'M & G' on my face - it will stand for Mebbie and God!"
I love her heart!


There were human-sized hamster balls that they ran in...


And pushed their friends in too!


Bouncy houses provided some excellent fun...


And some serious slide action too!


It was a day full of fun and friends and sunshine that brought on big 'ole smiles...


like THIS...


And THIS...


AND THIS!

Halfway through it all I headed back to the house to do some much needed yard work... and I usually wear my headphones while working in the yard - but today I chose to not wear 'em and it was awesome to just hear the buzz of a bunch of kids and families having a great time at the end of summer!

Thanks 'hood... for being so good!

No comments: