Thursday, December 8, 2016

Why We Do What We Do...


Yesterday I got a Facebook message from a name I didn't recognize.

Nathaneal lived in Ethiopia and said our mutual friend had told him to reach out to me.

Always being wary of scams - I kinda ignored it.

But then he said he was in Colorado Springs and visiting Compassion International - and I thought "Wait a minute - this seems legit!"

And I fully trust our mutual friend Samrawit - so I reached out to Nathaneal.

And I am so glad I did!

I met "Natty" in the lobby of Compassion today - and got to hear his amazing story first hand!

A Compassion kid since he was SEVEN YEARS OLD - his sponsors also put him through Compassion's Leadership Development Program (LDP) and Natty was here in the states on business and to spend time with the couple who poured so much into his life over the years - his sponsors!

God's faithfulness to His people just never ceases to amaze me.

Because of what Natty experienced in his life through his sponsors and through Compassion - he is now working as a director of a NGO in Ethiopia and directly impacting the lives of THOUSANDS of children.

And not only has God been so present in Natty's life - He brought Natty to us when we just really needed to see the fruits of our labor at Compassion.

I was able to introduce him to several members of the team I work with - and his story did so much for us all as it highlights and gives life and breath to the work that is going on out there in the name of Jesus! I also had the privilege of meeting his sponsors and thanking them for their dedication to Natty's life and future!

Natty - it was a total joy and pleasure to meet you today and hear all that He has done in your life!

Thank you for your spirit of hope and your love for your sponsors and for Compassion - it was contagious!

Rest assured - we will hang out again in Addis Ababa - see you soon!

It's a small world after all...

No comments: